A few easy steps can correct this issue. First, press and hold onto the start button (or right-click if you are using a touch pad or a mouse). Next, please select the “device manager”. Select “display adapter” and press and hold (or right-click) onto “Intel(R) HD Graphics”. Select “Properties” and click “uninstall. Once you have done so, reboot the tablet. After the reboot, the display driver will automatically revert back to the previous version before the update. The display will go back to normal.
Articles in this section
- How to install some apps, like Chrome or Firefox on Windows S mode?
- How do I power off my tablet
- WiFi Issues
- My keyboard is not functioning properly
- I thought the tablet came with MS office, why is it asking me to pay for a subscription?
- Can I change the language of my tablet?
- I need to enter the BIOS of the tablet.
- How do I schedule my windows updates?
- Is there a warranty on my device?
- I dropped my tablet.