If you're experiencing unexpected system crashing and shutdowns, please follow these steps to improve your system's performance and prevent it from these issues.
Limit battery usage
Turn on battery saver
- Open the Settings app. To do so, click or tap the Settings app icon in the Start. If Settings is not appearing in Start, please type Settings in the search box and then press Enter.
- Once the Settings app is running, tap or click System (Display, notifications, search and power) icon
- In the left pane, tap or click Battery to see an overview of battery saver feature.
Many stop errors can be fixed by updating Windows.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type "Windows Update"
- Then select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page,
- select Check for updates.
- After update restart system
Use Windows Defender to scan your device for potential problems.
- type “Windows Defender” on the search bar
- and select Windows Defender Security Center.
- Select Virus and threat protection
- Click scan now. This will scan the system for any issues
- Now, select Device performance & health. If there are problems with your device’s update history or drivers, they’re displayed here.
Remove recently installed or unnecessary software (for example, antivirus software from companies other than Microsoft) and see if that resolves the problem.
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps and Features
- Select Sort by name and change it to Sort by install date.
- Select a recently installed app you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.
Sometimes, toggling the fast startup setting can help resolve issues.
- On the search bar, type “Control Panel” and select it.
- Then select Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do.
- Under Shutdown settings, find Turn on fast startup (recommended). If this setting is turned off, select the checkbox. If it’s turned on, clear the checkbox.
Start in Safe mode
Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, with a minimal set of files and drivers. For more information, see the following support article: How to boot in Safe mode