NOTE: Before performing any significant repairs, back up your computer's hard drive.
If your laptop is performing really slow or crashing please try these solutions.
Free hard drive space. Remove unneeded programs
1. Click the Start button, type “add or remove programs”
2. Then press the “Enter” key to launch the Add or Remove Programs screen.
3. Click unneeded programs and then click Uninstall to free up space on your laptop’s hard drive.
Use task manager to close certain processes/programs your not using or are unresponsive
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc
2. Under Apps, select which processes you are not using or unresponsive.
3. Click End task to end the program.
Limit startup programs
1. press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to enter task manager.
2. On task manager select the Startup tab, select the program you don't really use and then select Disable.
3. Now restart your system.
Clear disk space on your drive.
1. Go to This PC on your desktop and double-click it
2. Under devices and drives Right Click on the (C:) drive or the drive where Windows is installed and click Properties.
3. Click Disk Cleanup. Determine which files you don't need and checkmark to select them.
4. Press Okay and then Delete.
Power Off device
If the device is completely unresponsive, its time for a hard shutdown. You will lose any unsaved data and may corrupt other data.
Press and hold the power button until the device shuts down.