To help protect your Laptop from unwanted software:
- Make sure you're running Windows Defender Security Center.
- Download only from sources you trust, such as Microsoft Store.
- Use Microsoft Edge as your browser, because it allows plugins only from Microsoft Store. Both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer use Windows SmartScreen, which helps block these apps.
You can also download the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, that accurately detects and removes known viruses and spyware from your system.
- Navigate to the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool download page.
- Click Download to start the download process.
- Click Run to download and run the program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to initiate the scan and remove any malicious software if found