NOTE: Before performing any significant repairs, back up your computer's hard drive.
Please try the steps below to fix your issue
1. Open Start and search Troubleshoot
2. Click on Windows Update and run the troubleshooter. (Give it some time for your system to detect the issue)
3. Click Apply this fix
4.Close the troubleshooter and restart your laptop
If that doesn't fix the update and installations problem, then perform a clean reboot
- To enter a clean boot state, type "msconfig" in start search and hit Enter to open the System Configuration Utility.
- Click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup. Clear the Load Startup Items check box, and ensure that Load System Services and Use Original boot configuration are checked.
- Next, click the Services tab. Select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box. Now click Disable all.
- Click Apply/OK and restart the computer. This will put Windows into a Clean Boot State.
- If the clean boot helped you fix the error, fine! Else in the General tab, also click to clear the Load System Services check box, click Apply/OK and restart.