It’s good to power off your PC when you’re not using it, but do you ever forget and leave it on? Here’s how to configure Windows to automatically shutdown your laptop at whatever time you choose.
- On the search box type “task scheduler,” and then click the Task Scheduler app.
- In the Task Scheduler window, in the Actions pane, click Create Basic Task.
- Type "Shutdown", or anything you want as the task name and click Next.
- Choose when the task starts from Daily, Weekly, Monthly, One time, When the computer starts, When I log on and When a specific event is logged, and then hit Next.
- Set the start time of the task and click Next.
- Select Start a program and tap Next.
- Click the Browse button, open Disk C/Windows/System32, choose the file named shutdown.exe and hit Open.
- On Add arguments, Enter -s and click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the task creation and bring the task into effect.
Your laptop will now automatically shut down at whatever time period you gave it.