NOTE: Before performing any significant repairs, back up your computer's hard drive.
A Windows password reset disk is a specially created external drive that can be used to gain access to Windows if you've forgotten your password.
Important: Before you proceed, make sure have some kind of portable media to create a password reset disk on. This means that you will need to insert a USB flash drive or SD card into the device.
- Type "Control panel" on the search bar.
- Click or tap on the User Accounts link.
- In the task pane on the left, choose the Create a password reset disk link
- When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click Next.
- n the I want to create a password key disk in the following drive: drop down box, choose the portable media drive to create a Windows password reset disk on.
- Click Next to continue
- With the disk or other media still in the drive, enter your current account password in the text box and click Next
- Windows will now create the password reset disk on your chosen media.
- click Next and then click Finish in the next window. You can now remove the flash drive