NOTE: Before performing any significant repairs, back up your computer's hard drive
To automatically update your driver
- Open Start Menu and click on Settings > Update & Security settings > Windows Update.
- Here, press on the Check for updates button.
- If any updates are available, they will be offered to you.
- If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, it means that you have all the updates that are currently available for your system.
- If you are looking details on the latest updates, click on the Details link. More details about the updates will then be shown to you.
If you would like to update, uninstall, disable a specific driver
- Right-click Start/window
- From the list of results click Device Manager
- Select which Driver entry you want and double-click it to open properties
- On the Devices properties click Drivers tab
- Then either click Update, Uninstall or Disable Driver (For Updates select Search automatically for updated driver software.)
- Follow the next prompts and if you need to restart the laptop, please do so.