NOTE: Before performing any significant repairs, back up your computer's hard drive.
First, try a system reboot If your Laptop is unresponsive.
Press and hold the Power button for 60 seconds to force SHUT DOWN the unit.
Then to start it press and hold the Power button on your laptop until the AVITA logo appears.
If a system reboot does not work you can try these options
Note: That to perform these methods, you will need to connect an external mouse as a pointing device to substitute for your mouse pad, or you can try to navigate with the keyboard.
For Unresponsive Mouse/Trackpad
Try to see if the touch pad is disabled
- Press Windows logo key and R key on your keyboard at the same time to open the Run dialogue. In the dialogue type “control” and hit Enter. This will open Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, view it by Large icons. Then select Mouse.
In Mouse Properties window,
- Select the Hardware tab. Then double-click on the compliant mouse
- Click on Change settings and then the Driver tab
- Select Enable Device
Your touchpad has now been re-enabled. Check and see if you can use your touchpad now
If your touchpad has already been enabled and still doesn't work try to update the drivers
Update the touch pad drivers.
- Right-click Start/window
- From the list of results click Device Manager
- Select Mice and other pointing devices, open drop-down list
- Right-click compliant mouse
- In the menu that pops, click on Update device
- Restart your device and check if your touch pad works now