First, try a system reboot if your laptop is unresponsive.
Press and hold the Power button for 60 seconds to force SHUT DOWN the unit. Then to start it press and hold the Power button on your laptop until the AVITA logo appears.
If a system reboot does not work, you can try these options.
For Unresponsive Mouse/Trackpad
Try to see if the touchpad is disabled
Press FN+ESC to enable touchpad
- Press Windows logo key, type Touchpad settings and press enter.
- Using the Tab and arrow keys navigate to the touchpad slider.
- Press space bar to toggle touchpad to ON.
Your touchpad should now be re-enabled. Check and see if you can use your touchpad now. If your touchpad has already been enabled and still doesn't work, try to update the drivers.
*To perform these steps you will need to connect an external mouse*
Update the touchpad drivers.
- Right-click Start/window
- From the list of results click Device Manager
- Select Mice and other pointing devices, open drop-down list
- Right-click compliant mouse
- In the menu that pops, click on Update device
- Restart your device and check if your touchpad works now
- If that does not work, try to reinstall the driver
- Follow steps 1 to 5 but instead of updating click on Uninstall device
- Then, choose Action on the menu bar.
- Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.